Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Life is for the Living

Life is full of ups and downs, twists and turns, disappointments and joys. Life is FULL of just stuff. No one is immune to the challenges or benefits that life offers. Many have said that we should accept Life for what it is and just wait for things to happen. After all, "life happens and then you die" right? Wrong. I choose to disagree. Yes, we experience life events that are common to man, but I refuse to just let stuff happen to me and remain that way. While storms may come...storms will go.

I have been the victim of allowing life's fears and trials overwhelm me to the point of sheer depression and grief. Now what kind of life was I living? Life is comprised of more than just stuff. Life is an experience. I have worked in hospice care for almost two years now and if there is one thing I have learned from my patients is that LIFE is to be lived. If you live your life worrying, doubting, frustrated and despondent...you are failing to live. You are dying! You are sucking all of the life out of today and filling it with poison and dis-ease.

In all of my years experiencing life events, I have decided to never ever give up. I refuse to fail. I may fall, I may fail at times, but I will never fail at this beautiful life because life is given to me to enjoy, to embrace and to experience...many times express. What will you do? Will you choose to live or will you choose to be buried alive?

I'd choose wisely,

Empowerment Point: Close your eyes and breathe deep breaths. Take in all that you can. Smell the environment. Listen to the sounds. Thank God that you had all five senses to experience his gift.

Have a blessed Day in His Name,

LaToya Brown, LMSW
Your Soul Empowerment Coach